Bass & Tenor drumming, and the new home of tenordrummer.com discussions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Adante bass drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Adante bass drums

I'm working with our bass drummer and lookin to replace our old bass drum. I've always been impressed with the sound of the Adante's. Looks like one is a floating head style, and the other is a typical lug pulling on the shell. What I can't figure out is why the floating head style is 200 dollars cheaper?! If anything, I would think this would be more money.

What do you suggest?

Colin

Re: difference between Adante bass drums

Originally posted by Cdshakes View Post

What do you suggest?
    ...replace the bass drummer?

Comment

Re: Difference between Adante bass drums

that's helpful...

anyone else?

Comment

The floating head style is the original Andante Bass product. Personally, I really like this set up. The 28x18 with Remo Pinstripe heads had a really good decay and was easy to set up.

The other format you are referring to is what I believe they call their Andante Professional set up. I've heard this drum as well and honestly am not as impressed as with their older model. Mike Cole wrote a critique of the Andante Professional set up and he thought it was great.

It is a matter of preference.
        A drummer is erudite when instruction and reading followed by digestion and contemplation have effaced all rudeness that is to say smoothed away all raw, untrained incivility.

Comment

Originally posted by Goat Skin View Post
          The floating head style is the original Andante Bass product. Personally, I really like this set up. The 28x18 with Remo Pinstripe heads had a really good decay and was easy to set up.

The other format you are referring to is what I believe they call their Andante Professional set up. I've heard this drum as well and honestly am not as impressed as with their older model. Mike Cole wrote a critique of the Andante Professional set up and he thought it was great.

It is a matter of preference.
          Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
          X