Bass & Tenor drumming, and the new home of tenordrummer.com discussions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Pitched Tenors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Pitched Tenors

First off let me say that I am not a Drummer.. hehe.. But I returned Recently from an Army Cadet Summer Training Centre here in Canada and we had a wicked bass tenor section.. One that that I really likeed was the 2 different piched tenor drums.. in Green hill they had the rocking thing with the 2 different pitches playing at seperate times. It was really cool. Maybe Bass and tenors sections can start contributing to the melodies of the tunes (ou would need alot heh) I think that would be cool!
    Devin Wall
    P/M 1867 RCACC Pipe Band
    [email protected]

Re: Different Pitched Tenors

Um...Devin....we already do.
    It's Still All About Me! I put the "cha" in Chocolate!

Comment

Who knows what the future might bring...?

Bass sections making more use of flourishing again...

Pipe bands with 5 tenor drummers...

A Canadian bass section winning 3 World Championships...

DVD's and CD Roms to learn tenor drumming from...

Lightweight tenor drums incorporating a central tuning system...

I don't know, but all of these things seem way too space age for me. I don't think I'll see them in my life time....

Oops, had a flash back to 1968 there!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
      "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Currie:
        Who knows what the future might bring...?
        Nah...it'll never happen!!!!

How about:
        judges who are specifically assigned to score bass and tenors in band competitions.
        bass and tenor sections being an actual part of the scoring process.

Dare we dream?

Comment

Devin
          I'd suggest you purchase the latest (3) CDs of this years World Pipe Band Championships.
          Welcome to the Real World, Neo.
          Mike Cole

Comment

Thanks Devon, I'll take that as a compliment. I am glad you liked what was going on in the mid section this summer. But like all these nice people said, its not a new thing. It was only a new thing for army cadets.
            Don't worry, though. We'll keep moving forward. I will be there again next year, how about you?

Best Wishes,

JD
            (CI Daniels, to you.)
            Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo

Comment

Theres more chance of the hover board being invented than any of Scotts suggestions coming true !!!

Comment

Wow! I will be there this summer hopefully as staff, I just have to get my NSCE this spring. I am froma small cummunity with a small pipe band and I have only been playing for I guess about 3 years, I can't really remember, but my cadet pipe band has no tenor section, and my local pipe band has 2 tenor drummer, one of which is on an exchange in NZ for the year. So we don't get to do much hehe. I definetly have to listen to soem more recording becasye that was really cool. I might even consider to learn tenor drum (if I find an instructor) It was soo Cool!
                Devin Wall
                P/M 1867 RCACC Pipe Band
                [email protected]

Comment

You know...I used to live in Terrace. Its not THAT small. Lt Aastrom told me about the band clinic. I think listening to some recordings might be in your best interest, make sure you learn where all the famous bands are from, eh?
                  If you come on staff this summer, I might teach you a flourish or two.
                  Good luck with NSCE.

JD
                  Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo

Comment

PS. Hows the leg?

Comment

Is there a preferred method of obtaining different pitches with the tenor drums? I believe there are several different sizes available - do these correspond to the various voices? Or can you simply tune two or more identical drums to different pitches?

Thanks

Comment

Hehe It gives me some treouble still. You used to live in Terrace? Wow. Isee why you would move away from here though hehe. Yeah I need to learn my pipe bands hehe so I can get my level 5. That'd be cool to learn some tenor drumming.
                        Devin Wall
                        P/M 1867 RCACC Pipe Band
                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X