Bass & Tenor drumming, and the new home of tenordrummer.com discussions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass drum street rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass drum street rest

Is there a 'street rest' vailable for Bass drums ...like as used on snare drums to keep them out of the dirt or off the pavement to help the rims not get scratched up? Something that looks 'right'... not a Rube two pieces of garden hose epoxied on, etc.

Re: Bass drum street rest

I actually use an old wooden waiter try stand- two piece, scissors style with two web straps. Picks up & folds when done, pretty balanced because it hs to hold a full tray with food and plates.
    Retreat? Hell, I just got here!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke View Post
      I actually use an old wooden waiter try stand- two piece, scissors style with two web straps. Picks up & folds when done, pretty balanced because it hs to hold a full tray with food and plates.
      thx ,yes..I've seen that; but what I'm seeking is a drum rest for when 'on parade' ... or hanging around on the street otherwise and a need to put the drum down while,as always, awaiting the PM's pleasure.

Comment

You can purchase four small black plastic chair leg tips and fix them to the drum rim that touches the ground, so that the drum rests on them and not on the rims.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MacKenzie View Post
          You can purchase four small black plastic chair leg tips and fix them to the drum rim that touches the ground, so that the drum rests on them and not on the rims.
          that sounds like a good scheme. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by el gaitero View Post
            thx ,yes..I've seen that; but what I'm seeking is a drum rest for when 'on parade' ... or hanging around on the street otherwise and a need to put the drum down while,as always, awaiting the PM's pleasure.
            Gotcha, sorry....didn't read that right!Then something along the lines of what Tom suggested, or maybe rubber cane tips...
            Retreat? Hell, I just got here!

Comment

AS I didn't want to drill holes in drum, I used sticky pads 'grippers' found at Lowes. Stacked them 3 deep.

Comment

You could do what pipers do and just put it on top of a snare drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman Mao View Post
                  You could do what pipers do and just put it on top of a snare drum.

...not dependable enough..

Comment

Originally posted by el gaitero View Post
                    ...not dependable enough..
                    The drummers or the snare itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman Mao View Post
                      The drummers or the snare itself?
                      take your pick !!

Comment

I was going to say that at least you don't have to worry about someone sitting on your instrument and breaking it as happens with the pipes . . . but then I thought about it and I bet there are some damaged bass drums out there due to someone sitting on them!

Andrew
                        (. . . who played bass drum at the last band practice since the bass drummer couldn't make it. I have a lot of respect for bass drummers now . . . how they add those extra fill beatings amazes me!)
                        Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
                        BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Working...
                        X