Bass & Tenor drumming, and the new home of tenordrummer.com discussions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass harness dilemma - Kilpatrick vs. May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass harness dilemma - Kilpatrick vs. May

Help, please. My bass drummer wants and needs a new harness. She would like to get the Kilpatrick ABS model, but some of the band leaders discovered that the (Mapex) Randall May ABS model is much less expensive and they are urging us to go with that one. From pictures it appears that there is very little difference between the two models, other than the air pillow that the drum rests on at the bottom (on the Kilpatrick model). And I can't find any reviews of either product.

Can anyone tell me their experience with either of these carriers, and/or whether there are any significant differences or advantages that would justify spending the extra money on the Kilpatrick model?

Thanks
    If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

Re: Bass harness dilemma - Kilpatrick vs. May

I guess it's just down to how it attaches to the bass. Call Lone star and ask them how the mapex connects. You don't want to drill new holes. Here's their page http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/Ma...m-Carrier.html

My last band bought the Mapex snare carriers for a couple hundred less and they worked fine.

Comment

Thanks. From the picture, though, it appears that the Mapex model has the same type of slide brackets so that the position of the hooks can be adjusted somewhat. Still, I'll have to be sure to measure the space between the eye bolts on the drum and ensure that harness will fit.
      If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
        Thanks. From the picture, though, it appears that the Mapex model has the same type of slide brackets so that the position of the hooks can be adjusted somewhat. Still, I'll have to be sure to measure the space between the eye bolts on the drum and ensure that harness will fit.
        jeez...whatever happened to the cushioned leather dog collar with a chrome hook...???..and,if desired, a Premier snare leg rest as a stomach stand off.

Keep up this Mapex et al modernisation and before we know it there might'nt be enough room on the pedestal for the Pipers.

Comment

Might be a bit late with this, but they're basically the same harness, the difference is the air pocket bit. That's it. Dimensions on both are the same.

Comment

We have the Kilpatrick, I'm still messing with it to adjust to the "girls", the cross bar on the chest that attaches to the shoulder pieces still sits a little uncomfortably on them. It definitely is made for boys.
            Margaret

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
              We have the Kilpatrick, I'm still messing with it to adjust to the "girls", the cross bar on the chest that attaches to the shoulder pieces still sits a little uncomfortably on them. It definitely is made for boys.
              Hey, we have the same problem. Only way I've solved it is tight crop tops

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                Margaret you might want to try the Andante bass harness it might be better for your problem

Comment

Working...
                X