The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (old) pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (old) pipes

Got these from Andrew here on the forum, and swapped over to the Bannatyne hybrid bag....will give them a run tomorrow. pipes.jpeg

They look a fine good set!! :-)

Have a grand good go at them--and let
    us know--what maker--and how it went.
    My friends all know,
    With what a brave carouse...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhawaii View Post
      Got these from Andrew here on the forum...
      Wow, you got them tied into the new bag already! Awesome!

Andrew
      Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
      BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

These are Gilliland & McLeod pipes, with a Bannatyne Hybrid WMC zippered bag, and a Naill poly chanter (I do have the McLeod ABW chanter also). I am using EZ Drones, and just about have them dialed in, still a bit more to do. My mouthpiece is a bit long, so I am looking into options. The tone is very nice and rich.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhawaii View Post
          My mouthpiece is a bit long, so I am looking into options.
          I cut mine shorter and added an Ergonomic Mouthpiece from Reed Wrangler. I never play without mine these days.

Andrew
          Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
          BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

I found a shorter mouthpiece from Bagpiper Bob on ebay, and also ordered the Reed Wrangler one based on your recommendation.

Comment

Greetings, wolfhawaii, Andrew, and to All,

For those in our mob--and for whom the Reed Wrangler Mouthpiece--cited by
              Andrew above--may still be--not as yet known--please allow me an immediate
              and Wholehearted--re-re-re-recommendation--for it!! :-)

It helps to ease--the mouth and neck--which aids the fingers :-) --it extends
              Playing Time--it eliminates--chomp downs on the blow pipe--which saves both
              blowpipe--and teeth!!

And--all--for very--minimal funds!! :-)

I would suggest--if I may--that even if you don't think you need one--that you
              send off for one anyway--give it a try--and prepare to be surprised--at how
              much Help--it gives you!!

And--if you don't like it--just please just let me know--and I shall happily buy it
              from you--postage fees and all. :-)

Regards to All,

Pip01

My friends all know,
              With what a brave carouse...

Comment

I'll throw my vote in on the Reed Wrangler mouthpiece. I love mine.
                The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Comment

The 3" mouthpiece i got from Bagpiper Bob was just the right length, screwed onto the threads nicely, and has a rectangular mouthpiece with soft rubber over the metal which makes for a nice grip. Now to get my arm and lips into shape again! Also, I was having trouble getting the Naill chanter to tune, so I am using the G&M blackwood chanter atm, it has a nice tone.

Comment

I have tried a few different mouthpieces over the 42 years I’ve been playing my G&M pipes. I like the Fraser Warnock the best. ( and I love that McLeod chanter, too !)
                    Slainte Leibh/ Slan Leat, Bob Cameron

Comment

Working...
                    X