The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pleasanton Games - did you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasanton Games - did you go?

How many of us attended the games this past weekend in Pleasanton? I was there on Sunday. It was great to catch up with folks I hadn't seen in a couple of years. With COVID restrictions, the authorities significantly limited attendance, but I enjoyed myself.

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Was good. I went. Was nice to see people and reconnect. I actually liked the proximity of things. Was good to see highland dancing more out in the open and not hidden in the stage area. Not sure what the dancers thought, but I felt it was good exposure for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lenz View Post
      How many of us attended the games this past weekend in Pleasanton? I was there on Sunday. It was great to catch up with folks I hadn't seen in a couple of years. With COVID restrictions, the authorities significantly limited attendance, but I enjoyed myself.

Andrew
      Good to know. I remember my first time at Pleasanton, bringing the junior band down to compete. The highlight was a bandmate and I meeting you. You had a table top covered with all the new and various synthetic reeds of the time, and we spent a great time chatting with you and getting an education. Great time!

Comment

Michael, I still recall meeting you, a true pleasure!

Andrew

Comment

Now I regret not going.

I could have taken the time off work, but I didn't bother, mainly because there were so few Pipe Bands going.

Of course hearing the bands is only part of it! The main thing is reconnecting with all the people I only see at the Games.
          proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; Son of the Revolution and Civil War; first European settlers on the Guyandotte

Comment

Couldn't make it this year, Hubby had a scheduling conflict with the company he works with. Then at the last moment it fell through, but it was too late to make reservations. Dammit. But there's always next year...

"Your Honor, I solemnly swear I am up to no good"

Comment

Originally posted by pancelticpiper View Post
              The main thing is reconnecting with all the people I only see at the Games.
              I know, right? It’s like a big reunion! John Biggar, Jeff Mann, Andrew Morrill, Ryan Murray, Jamie Cuthill, Ed Best, Jeff Cullen, Glen Thompson, the list goes on and on…

Andrew

Comment

I wish I had gone. But, my main reason to go is the band, and if the band isn’t competing (which we didn’t do), it’s hard to rationalize shelling out the cash for travel and lodging.
                You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

Working...
                X