The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glenfiddich live stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenfiddich live stream

Anyone lining up for the marathon live stream? It's overnight here in Southern hemisphere. Kids in bed, wife likely to follow not long after, just a question of whether I can get through in one sitting looking forward to it

I'm at Blair castle watching it in person.

Comment

Oh wow that must have been awesome! What were your impressions?

Great day for Jack Lee, he was visibly moved. Great sounding pipe (one his own).

About 250-300 online. First time I've listened to that many piobaireachd in one go, really enjoyed it, very intense watching live which I hadn't expected. Big tunes, very musical. Lots of variety. Versions of most of them were in Kilberry and Angus McKay so I could follow along. Didn't try picking winners, they're all amazing, and I was to engrossed in the music. When you think about it, that's a "win" !

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
        Oh wow that must have been awesome! What were your impressions?

Great day for Jack Lee, he was visibly moved. Great sounding pipe (one his own).

About 250-300 online. First time I've listened to that many piobaireachd in one go, really enjoyed it, very intense watching live which I hadn't expected. Big tunes, very musical. Lots of variety. Versions of most of them were in Kilberry and Angus McKay so I could follow along. Didn't try picking winners, they're all amazing, and I was to engrossed in the music. When you think about it, that's a "win" !
        It was fantastic, first time I've heard these guys play in person.

Comment

Will this GF be on Vimeo at some point like the others? How does one watch it?
          Happy Piping

Comment

Working...
          X