The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bob Dunsire Forums needs your financial help for 2022...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bob Dunsire Forums needs your financial help for 2022...

Everyone,

As you may have noticed, sponsors are no longer around to foot the bill for the forum licensing and hosting services for BobDunsire.com. The annual bill is due, about $180. Our admin, Mike Greene, paid this out of pocket last year, but given the responsibilities and work that he puts in running this place (along with us moderators), I don't believe it's fair that he should be paying this bill. I believe our members will be willing to step up and donate to cover the expenses.

So, here's the address where you can send your donation via Paypal: [email protected]
    (It's preferred that you send the funds as "gift" so no fees are taken out.)

Any amount in excess of this year's bill will go toward next year's bill. Until we have a big endowment (ha!), this will likely be an annual request.

We're not looking for a big donor (though that would be awesome) but are hoping many people would each be willing to pitch in $10 or something.

On behalf of the Mike and the moderator team, thank you for your generosity!

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Done, sorry it's in Canadian, so I doubled it...
    Thanks for all you do...
    Lochie

Comment

Originally posted by Lochie View Post
      sorry it's in Canadian, so I doubled it...
      It's the Australians I feel sorry for! *ducks*

I've donated as well, this forum has been and continues to be a hugely valuable resource.
      http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
      -- Formerly known as CalumII

Comment

Sent a bit. Hope it helps.
        "What we play is life." - Louis Armstrong

Comment

Made a contribution. Great cause. Every piper, everywhere, dig in that sporran, and do your share.

Comment

Also contributed. Happy New Year everyone.
            Chuck

If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes

Comment

And Done. Happy to help. Thanks for keeping this forum going!

Stuart

Comment

Sent a small amount. Happy new year, and lang may yer rum leak, or something like that.
                Slainte Leibh/ Slan Leat, Bob Cameron

Comment

Much appreciation for Mike's generosity and all of the moderator's work!
                  “Where’s my beer?”

Comment

Now where did I hide that pipe judge bribe money envelope....
                    “Where’s my beer?”

Comment

Money sent and I'm happy to contribute. It is sad that we don't have the traffic to attract sponsors like we used to. One thing I noticed is that PayPal scooped about 15% of my payment because it was being sent across the border; I would have preferred that money to go to BDF. If we need to do this every year, it might be worth setting up BDF PayPal accounts in Canada and the UK as well.

Happy New Year to all of you,
                      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        One thing I noticed is that PayPal scooped about 15% . . . it might be worth setting up BDF PayPal accounts in Canada and the UK as well.
                        Thanks, Kevin, I was unaware of the border "scoop" by Paypal. Maybe we'd want to set up a Square account for international.

I haven't completely given up hope on getting a BDF sponsor or two down the road, but we'll see.

A big "THANK YOU" to those who have contributed so far.

Andrew
                        Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
                        BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

We should all contribute to programs from which we benefit. I don't use PayPal. Is there some other avenue by which to contribute? An address; a payee; etc.? I'm there by whatever means works. Thanks. Michael

Comment

Just sent my small contribution (the cost of one reed )… friends and family - PayPal responded.., I do hope Mike Greene is associated with the site. Appreciate the ongoing support the members and this site provides!

Leo

Comment

Happy to donate! This forum is well worth the fee! Thanks Mike Green for covering the cost last year. And thank you Andrew and all forum moderators - your work is appreciated. This forum is full of amazing, caring, knowledgeable, and passionate pipers....please reach out when needed.

Happy to put this on my list of worthy gifting each year!

I hope others continue to gift and help keep this forum going!

Happy New Year!
                              PiperGirl00
                              Forum Regular
                              Last edited by PiperGirl00; 01-01-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X