The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D printed bagpipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed bagpipes

Just got me a set, I think they are great idea, well priced and play nicely. The best part is you can be non traditional with them and have some fun with the colors.

https://youtu.be/t4PDm3eYd9s

Did you provide specifications? where does the blueprint come from?

Comment

Sweeeeet!!
      “Where’s my beer?”

Comment

Nicely done, Ralph! Cheers, Michael

Comment

Hey Andrew,

I just ordered the standard Design David Stanley makes as far as internal specs go. I picked out the colors. Got them from 3dprintedbagpipes.com

Comment

Thanks mike. Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Great tone on those!
              Before you start fixing problems with your reeds, check to see if the bag or stocks are leaking.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Marcblur?feature=guide

Comment

Acetal (Delrin) is a high performance resin, PLA is not, but for the price, it might be worth taking a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Ackland View Post
                  Acetal (Delrin) is a high performance resin, PLA is not, but for the price, it might be worth taking a chance.
                  I appreciate the education, but could you expand on what "high performance resin" means? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EquusRacer View Post

I appreciate the education, but could you expand on what "high performance resin" means? Thanks.
                    You can Google to find an explanation, such as the following.

Finally, buyers of FFF filament should remember that neither PLA nor PLA+ are particularly high-performing thermoplastics, and they are more often used for prototyping than functional parts. If a 3D printed part will be subject to high levels of stress, it may be better to use an engineering plastic like POM or nylon, or even a high-performance plastic like PEEK, rather than opting for the marginal gains offered by PLA+. In other words, while PLA Plus filament can make PLA parts better, it cannot perform miracles.

Comment

I saw on another site that David from 3Dbagpipes had been badly injured in a car wreck but now I can't figure out where I saw it.

I hope he is doing alright.

Comment

Originally posted by FlightMedic View Post
                        I saw on another site that David from 3Dbagpipes had been badly injured in a car wreck but now I can't figure out where I saw it.

I hope he is doing alright.
                        Ralph posted this on another site: "David Stanley who runs 3dprintedbagpipes.com has been in a terrible car accident. He has asked me to spread that word that he thinks he is getting better and will eventually be making pipes again"

Comment

May David have a swift and full recovery.
                          “Where’s my beer?”

Comment

Just got word that David Stanley is recovering at home and is back to making pipes already, finishing up current orders and happy to take new orders!

Comment

Great news Ralph! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X