The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tartan is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tartan is this?

What is the tartan for the kilt on the left?

http://www.thepipershut.com/shop/ima...s/Kilt%202.jpg

I've been looking for a while...

Re: What tartan is this?

I think it it is the Mellenium tartan
    "The biggest difference in life is..... the difference between death and a near death experience." A. Brunacini

Comment

i would think its boyd from the look of it hard to see would need a closer look

Comment

It looks like National Millennium. Nice tartan!

Comment

it looks like something you shouldn't wear...................you can do much better...
          www.dennypb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean A. McCartney
            it looks like something you shouldn't wear...................you can do much better...
            that bad? just looking over my options...

Comment

Originally posted by PiPeZiLLa
              <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean A. McCartney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it looks like something you shouldn't wear...................you can do much better...
              that bad? just looking over my options... </div></div>

It's not bad. If YOU like it, go for it and don't bother with what other's think.....unless you've got Sean putting out the money for it (which I doubt).

Jenni
              Don't take life seriously! You'll never get out of it alive!

Comment

Once saw two guys at a Highland games wearing Doc Martin boots and red and white table clothes from an Italian restaurant for kilts. You know that Braveheart rustic style. Toga party meets Brigadoon.

The things you see when you don't have a camera, or a gun.....

They were not apprehended by the Tartan Police.

So get what you want.

Good luck to you!
                Here's to us and those like us; Damned few left!

Comment

Interesting that the kilt in the photo looks like the millennium tartan posted above, but not quite exactly like the millennium tartan (called "Scotland 2000" but in the text explicitly connected to the millennium) shown in the book World Tartans.
                  The tartan shown in the book has an overall similarity, but differs in every detail. According to the book, "Scotland 2000" was created by the Strathmore Woollen Company.
                  Or perhaps the book is in error: I've already come across two errors in the tartans shown (some other tartan is given for "Caledonia"; both "St Columba" and "Virginia Military Institute" are illustrated by identical tartans).
                  proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; Son of the Revolution and Civil War; first European settlers on the Guyandotte

Comment

Millenium tartan.

Comment

Looks like the tartan worn by the 78th Fraser Highlanders.

Comment

Pipezilla, did you contact the Piper's Hut to ask? It's probably a stock photo they got from the manufacturer, but they still might know.

SCK
                        Old Soldiers never die, we just smell that way.

Comment

Not the Boyd tartan....close though.
                          .../
                          O///
                          [ ]
                          /-\

Tha ceol sna maidean, ma bheir thus as e.

Comment

The College of Piping Pipe Band from Prince Edward Island wear this tartan, and yeah it is the National Millennium tartan.

Comment

OK, I looked it up. The millennium tartan (properly called National Millennium I think) shown at top was designed by Locharron in 1999.
                              The millennium tartan illustrated in World Tartans was designed by Strathmore in 1999 (properly called Scotland 2000).
                              So there's a Locharron millennium and a Strathmore millennium.
                              Odd that, overall, they bear quite a resemblance to each other, though differing in every detail.
                              proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; Son of the Revolution and Civil War; first European settlers on the Guyandotte

Comment

Working...
                              X