The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recommendation for summer/fall piping school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recommendation for summer/fall piping school

Thanks for the NY info - looks like it was in February - but there is always next year...
    Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnaill!

Comment

Ontario

Invermark

Comment

Thanks Beer - I lived in Cambridge, Ont. once, so maybe I will take a trip down memory lane and improve ye old piping skills at the same time - Cambridge is a nice old milltown that's bears a striking resemblance to Inverness - and wasn't there a custom pipe maker based near Cambridge a few years back?

Comment

Anyone ever been to the United States School of Piping in Flagstaff? I'm probably going to go this yr.
          Michael F. Bell

Comment

Michael,

Did you end up going to Flagstaff? If so how was it?

JJ
            Life is too short to settle for mediocrity...Drink Good Scotch

Comment

Come out to California and attend my school - "A Week in Paradise" - I bring Murray Henderson over and it is a week of instruction - from 8 - 5 every day from myself and Murray on every topic - Piobaireachd, MSR playing, reed manipulation - chanter reeds and drone reeds, how to compete, how to perform - you name it, we cover it.
              Oh and the weather is always perfect.
              Best.
              Ian Whitelaw
              http://www.thecaptainscorner.com/ima...elawSchool.pdf

Comment

California - hard to beat that..

Comment

The MidWest School of Piping and Drumming is THE place to be June 8-12th, 2009. Held on the historic campus at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy, located in the quaint City of Delafield, Wisconsin...our senior staff is:

Ken Eller, Ron Bowen, Bruce Gandy, Doug MacRae and Lyric Todkill, John Fisher, Tyler Fry and Tano Martone

We promise a week of outstanding classroom instruction, private lessons, a lecture series, a student only solo competition, a recording studio for our students, a massed band parade through town to a local establishment for Pub Night (an open ceilidh with the instructors) and a formal recital in the historic chapel.

The campus has a nine hole golf course, basketball, tennis courts and game room. Across the street is a lake for fishing or boating. The town has a number of restaurants and plenty of shopping. There is a State Park less than two miles away and the State of Wisconsin Bike Trail goes through town.

Our registration takes place the day after the Milwaukee Highland Games...so you could arrive early and partake in the festivities there while you're here! Hotel lodging is available close to the Games or to the School...whichever you prefer.

We are very excited to present this format and really look forward to meeting you this summer! Actually...we're very excited to meet all of you!! We welcome you to Wisconsin as part of your musical journey!

Visit us on the web at www.msopd.com. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

See you there!

Sarajane

Comment

Anyone know of any schools in the eastern US that don't meet until July?

duh - Invermark - any others?

Comment

Working...
                    X