As related to the subjects of piping, drumming and pipe bands.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for archival film for inclusion in Lothian & Borders PB Concert Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for archival film for inclusion in Lothian & Borders PB Concert Documentary

The Lothian & Borders Police Pipe Band (originally the Edinburgh City Police Pipe Band) performed its last concert, which included a tribute to Gordon Duncan, in 2012 at Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall as part of the Celtic Connections Festival. I filmed the concert with a small crew and multiple cameras. (We also filmed the Spirit of Scotland Pipe Band Concert on the same day.) The pandemic lockdown gave me the opportunity (time) to revisit old projects that I never completed. Now the film is nearly done, and it includes a look at the entire history of the band, going back to 1882, through archival photos provided by Stewart Gardiner, a former lead drummer of the band. I know it's a long shot, but we are now searching for any archival film footage that may be available, possibly home movies shot on 8mm, Super-8mm or 16mm. If you have, or may know someone who has film footage of the band, please let me know. My email is [email protected] Thank you!
Working...
X