Neil Anderson's Bagpipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Anderson's Bagpipes

I've been a fan of Neil Anderson for 20 years or so. I saw on facebook that his band (Rathkeltair) is using kickstarter to raise money to buy a new touring van and to record a live double CD. It's pretty clever, I think -- you basically pre-purchase a CD that isn't recorded yet at a price of your choosing. They have all levels of price from $10 to download some MP3s up to several thousand to have the band write a record a song for you. But the one that really got my eye was for $1250 you can get the Grainger & Campbell pipes that Neil played when he was with 7 Nations.

Re: Neil Anderson's Bagpipes

Originally posted by bob864 View Post
    I've been a fan of Neil Anderson for 20 years or so. I saw on facebook that his band (Rathkeltair) is using kickstarter to raise money to buy a new touring van and to record a live double CD. It's pretty clever, I think -- you basically pre-purchase a CD that isn't recorded yet at a price of your choosing. They have all levels of price from $10 to download some MP3s up to several thousand to have the band write a record a song for you. But the one that really got my eye was for $1250 you can get the Grainger & Campbell pipes that Neil played when he was with 7 Nations.
    So, do you know what has happened to him as relates to Rathkeltair?

Comment

Rathkeltair just performed at Stone Mountain Highland Games and I heard Neil Anderson was there, but I didn't get to see them..

-Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by StewartMcCallum View Post
        Neil quit being a full time musician.

He is now the Exercise Planner in the Preparedness Department of the South Carolina Emergency Management Division.

I literally feel safer knowing that.

Comment

Working...
        X