Discuss specific tunes, the writing of tunes, other questions, concerns, etc. related specifically to the music or music books.

Play Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodlesack
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Play Lists

Howdy all,
    Does anybody know if there is a place to find out what tune a bland played in a certain year of the worlds. They're current enough to not have the cd... I'm just looking for a name of a couple of tunes. The videos I'm watching don't have their play list. I thought that the rspba website might have that info, but I couldn't find anything. I also tried emailing the bands but no luck.
    Many thanks
    Doodle
    All ideas are already in the brain, just as all statues are in the marble.
    -Carlo Dossi, author and diplomat (1849-1910)
  • Patrick McLaurin
    Holy smoking keyboard!
    • Aug 2006

user dronechorus on youtube generally does a good job of listing the tunes in the descriptions and they go to all the majors so you’re likely to find a worlds medley played earlier in the year at one of the other majors.

There is now a database of videos in this channel at www.dronechorus.com. This can be filtered and searched to quickly locate individual performances, bands and tunes.
    My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

Comment

• Mac an t-Sealgair
      Forum Gold Medal
      • Apr 2017

Share the video link here. 1,we love a good medley, and 2,we might even know the tune names!

Comment

• Calum
        Holy smoking keyboard!
        • Dec 2001

If you know the year and the band, that should be enough for someone who has a programme to be able to name the tunes in the submitted sets, at least.
        http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
        -- Formerly known as CalumII

Comment

• griff
          Forum Member - Shy or Quiet
          • Jan 2002

I'll make book that The Highland Wedding is one of the tunes.

Comment

• doodlesack
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2002

Howdy folks.

Thank you for suggesting dronechorus. I couldn’t seem to quite find the 2017 worlds there, but a fantastic resource nonetheless.

Thanks for taking a listen. The first is Glasgow police from the 2017 worlds. The tune is at 2:44. Their second tune.

The second recording is Vale at those same 2017 worlds. It’s their second and third tune.

Any help is much appreciated. I’m terrible for remembering names but would be super excited to find these out as I’d love to give them a go. Listening to 2017 over and over... it was a good year.

Cheers and
            Many thanks

Doodle

Comment

• Patrick McLaurin
              Holy smoking keyboard!
              • Aug 2006

Vale’s second tune is Braes of Mel(li)nish, spelled depending on which book you look in.

Search pekaar using something like

braes mel sh

to get them all
              My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

Comment

• Mac an t-Sealgair
                Forum Gold Medal
                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by doodlesack View Post
                Howdy folks.

Thank you for suggesting dronechorus. I couldn’t seem to quite find the 2017 worlds there, but a fantastic resource nonetheless.

Thanks for taking a listen. The first is Glasgow police from the 2017 worlds. The tune is at 2:44. Their second tune.

The second recording is Vale at those same 2017 worlds. It’s their second and third tune.

Any help is much appreciated. I’m terrible for remembering names but would be super excited to find these out as I’d love to give them a go. Listening to 2017 over and over... it was a good year.

Cheers and
                Many thanks

Doodle
                The Glasgow police tune at 2:44 is Pitlochry High School Centenary

Comment

• Calum
                  Holy smoking keyboard!
                  • Dec 2001

And having now listened to them(!) the third Vale tune is Bronni's Blue Brozzi, by Mark Saul, in one of the first two Antipodes books.
                  http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
                  -- Formerly known as CalumII

Comment

• doodlesack
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2002

Thank you all so much! Looks like I've got a Jig medley to learn!

You're all the best,
                    d

Comment

• Patrick McLaurin
                      Holy smoking keyboard!
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by doodlesack View Post
                      You're all the best,
                      The correct contraction is Y’all’re

Y’all’re the best

Comment

Working...
                      X