Gandy's Book on Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gandy's Book on Performance

Who has read Bruce Gandy's book, Performance: Delivering Your Own Awesome? I'm a third through it, but like it. I'll have more to say once I'm done. At this juncture, I'm just curious of others' thoughts.

I really enjoyed it. Lots of good stuff in it that can be applied to areas outside of piping, too.
    You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

I've now finished Bruce's book; and I recommend it highly. Like most such works, no matter the discipline, it will strike a chord with some, but not all. Yet when we open our minds, we will find elements that Bruce covers that does apply to us. Is there more that he can say? Sure, such as recognizing our individual learning styles (i.e., Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic). But his life experiences and examples do strike a chord in most of us. It's a good effort, and worth the purchase and read.

Comment

Well...I applied at least one of his ideas expressed in the book and the outcome was very favourable!! So I would say that if the application of what is in the book works well, then the book is a good one...

Comment

Working...
        X