CelticPipes software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CelticPipes software

I have a legal copy of this programme. V2.1, build 11.

The problem: when I add a 2nd ending for a part, the playback gives me both the 1st ending and the 2nd ending at the same time. Quite a headache to have to write a tune out completely, even with cut & paste.

ALSO: line copy and line paste do not seem to work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks, in advance.

Re: CelticPipes software

I have the same version of Celtic Pipes on a Mac (OS 10.14.6)

Am I right in thinking that you can get the notation as you want it, but the playback is not sequencing correctly? Have you put in the repeat barline (:||) at the end of the first time ending? I have often used first and second time endings, and the only limitation that I have come up against is the the ending must begin at the start of a bar.

Line Copy seems to work, but you need to create the empty staff first to copy into. eg
    1. Create empty staff where required;
    2. Position cursor in first bar of source line, right click and select Line Copy
    3. Position cursor in first bar of target line, right click and select Line Paste.

If you can't get it to behave, I'd be happy to look at the file if you PM me.

PS: I do enjoy the tunes that you link from time to time in your signature: very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles Piper View Post
      I have the same version of Celtic Pipes on a Mac (OS 10.14.6)

Am I right in thinking that you can get the notation as you want it, but the playback is not sequencing correctly? Have you put in the repeat barline (:||) at the end of the first time ending? I have often used first and second time endings, and the only limitation that I have come up against is the the ending must begin at the start of a bar.

Line Copy seems to work, but you need to create the empty staff first to copy into. eg
      1. Create empty staff where required;
      2. Position cursor in first bar of source line, right click and select Line Copy
      3. Position cursor in first bar of target line, right click and select Line Paste.

If you can't get it to behave, I'd be happy to look at the file if you PM me.

PS: I do enjoy the tunes that you link from time to time in your signature: very nice!
      I will review what I do--again. Never one to say I never miss anything. Thanks for the useful help!

Comment

Sorry if this is a bit late. If Achillles Piper's good advice hasn't helped, I strongly suggest contacting CelticPipes Support (Help->Support). That's the best way to get help if you are struggling with something.

By the way, you can also start a 1st timing from a particular note within a measure by dropping the bracket on to a note.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
          By the way, you can also start a 1st timing from a particular note within a measure by dropping the bracket on to a note.
          Thanks for that! Very useful tip.

Oh, and I agree with your comment about contacting Celtic Pipes support; he's been very helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X