Piping site related, piping music related

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choice of pipe music engraving software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to use Sibelius. I had a template set up to mimic the Scots Guards books. Really nice and readable. Since they got bought out I can't reinstall my old copy so I've been using Musescore, which is really nice for free software.

Comment

Is there software out there that can transcribe a digital chanter into music script ?

D

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTSPINE View Post
        Is there software out there that can transcribe a digital chanter into music script ?

D
        Sort of. Musescore, Sibelius, Finaly, etc., can take midi input, so you can use any midi source, including a digital chanter with midi to play in notes, but the software woudln't be able to tell grace notes from melody notes. You could use it to play in melody notes, but it's probably not any faster to do that than to type them in.

Comment

Offhand, I think this would be a very doable machine learning project for perhaps a Masters thesis - with a controller that advised the software of exactly what fingering was in use, and some sort of fairly regular system of notation such as ABC, I would have thought training a machine to capture accurate notation wouldn't be the impossible task it once was.
          BagpipeTechnique.net
          Tunes from Donald MacDonald

Comment

Working...
          X