CelticPipes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CelticPipes help

Wondering where a FAQ or forum for thhis program resides? I am trying to sent up a default folder for band tunes, separate from the gaggle that I have. I cannot get it to save where I want.

Thank you. Am I looking at a very abreviated user manual or is there a manual that I am missing. Seems that the learning curve is kinda trial and error.
    Grab on to your wallets, the government is here to help.

Re: CelticPipes help

I couldn't find a section for that either when I used CelticPipes, but they say if you e mail them a question they will respond within 24 hours (if I remember correctly). However I got no reply. Good luck, maybe someone else will know.
    When Sorrow Calls (Piobaireachd's Ghost)
    Callum Beaumont - Mo Chridhe
    Lacrimae Duet - Willie McCallum, Jim McGillivray

Comment

For help hit F1 while in the program

To save in a directory of your choice use File / Save as:

An I have gotten answered when I e-mailed.

Is your version the demo or purchased version?
      Randy

Comment

I've been using CelticPipes for about a year. I always received a quick response from the author, whom I e-mailed a number of times. He was always quick to correct any bugs I pointed out to him, usually releasing a new build with the corrections.

I have not found any way to change the default save-to folder. As Randy said, you have to use the "Save As" function. I have found this to be a nuisance only when using the "File/Open" function, since it always defaults to the hard-wired default folder, which, in my case, contains only the sample files that came with the program. It would be nice to be able to set the default folder or at least to be able to tell the program to use the last opened folder.
        Ian
        http://www.thepipersden.net

Comment

I tried the save as and it tells me that I don't have the authority to save into that file. Doesn't it know that I own the machine?

I have gotten fairly quick responses, but, when I am staring at a whole bunch of tunes and I can't log out and not loose them, I would like a more complete users manual.

There a few of the 'defaults' that I would like to see changed and I have not seen them changed in the updates. The printing function too. Maybe next update will be my turn.

Thank you all.

Comment

Hmm. I'm not sure that's a specifically CelticPipes problem. I occasionally get that message when using other programs. It always requires a Windows XP reboot to fix it.

Does the "Save" function work, or do you get the same message as with "Save As"? If neither function works, you'll likely have to reboot your computer.
            Ian
            http://www.thepipersden.net

Comment

The save function saves to some strange file. The file that I want to save to I cannot seem to save to. I just started dropping them into the desktop. That is getting tiresome.

thanks for the help.

Comment

okiwen, are you running CelticPipes on XP or on Vista? Vista is pretty choosy about where you are allowed to save files, even if you are logged in as an administrator!

Comment

Working...
                X