BMW Gold in Vista OpSys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Gold in Vista OpSys

Has anyone had luck running this program in Vista? What about electric pipes? I have heard folks were having trouble with these in Vista and I am curious if any bagpipe music software is working in Vista??

Thanks!

Tim
    Piping IS Life

Re: BMW Gold in Vista OpSys

BMWG works for me in Vista except for the sound fonts. I just use the built in sound since it was never that important for me. I think if I had an SB Live card I would be able to set it up but I just have an on board sound card so it's limited.

Ken

Ken MacKenzie
    Height by genetics, Width by brewery...

Comment

Yes indeed I am a little disappointed that Creative cannot seem to get soundfonts up and running in Vista. Vista is supposed to build on what went before isn't it? Apparently not.

I get awesome bagpipe sounds from my XP machine, and cheesy organ sounds from my more expensive Vista machine.

Does this make sense?

Not to me.

So I have given up on Creative altogether and let my fingers do the playing.
      My Musical Projects:
      The Thistle Amongst the Lilies...Quebec's First Collection of Pipe Music!
      Supersonic Tartan Death Machine

Comment

Other than losing BMW fonts occasionally (see BMW Gold Display Problems ), BMW Gold and Electric Pipes 3.0 seems to work fine on my machine running Vista Home Premium.

There was a problem last year when EP 3.0 was released but the latest version must have fixed it as I've not experienced any more problems.

Try contacting Andrew Baker as I have always found him to be very helpful, even with the most basic of questions.

Mike

Comment

CelticPipes works fine in Vista.

Comment

Thanks all, I guess I am ready to move on to Vista.... GULP!
            Piping IS Life

Comment

OK, I have the vista machine, but it wont install the BMW Gold, it says the install program is not compatible. Probably because the Vista that came with the computer is 64 bit?

Any idea how to get around this?
              Piping IS Life

Comment

Working...
              X