Related to Adult piping or pipers, this is the place.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protective mouthguard for upper teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LloydB View Post

My dentist's opinion is that a retainer wouldn't
    be helpful in this case. She's an expert, ...

Is she a piper?....has she tried it?...if not, sorry,..,respectfully, she’s flat out wrong.

Early in this thread I mentioned I’ve used my post braces ‘retainer’ on and off as needed during some subsequent dental work involving a new front cap.
    Given the very thin and conforming nature of the ‘retainer’ it worked perfectly with no inconvenience or discomfort...and it’s discretely removable for post event refreshments.
    After all,..a retainer is not a Goalie’s mouth guard.

Comment

Originally posted by el gaitero View Post

Is she a piper?....has she tried it?...if not, sorry,..,respectfully, she’s flat out wrong.

Early in this thread I mentioned I’ve used my post braces ‘retainer’ on and off as needed during some subsequent dental work involving a new front cap.
      Given the very thin and conforming nature of the ‘retainer’ it worked perfectly with no inconvenience or discomfort...and it’s discretely removable for post event refreshments.
      After all,..a retainer is not a Goalie’s mouth guard.
      If the retainer is the invasalign style then I agree with you. If it is the traditional wire kind, then I agree with the dentist.
      You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Fogelman View Post

If the retainer is the invasalign style then I agree with you. If it is the traditional wire kind, then I agree with the dentist.
        Yes...use of a custom molded ‘retainer’ ( sturdy thin ‘invisi-line’ like ) follows the removal of the wiring. Wearing retainers each night helps ‘retain’ the position the teeth have been moved (in)to over whatever long treatment period of time.

Comment

Working...
        X