Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are competitors chosen for dividing large groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are competitors chosen for dividing large groups?

Hi there,

I've been to a few larger games by now, and I'm still trying to figure how/why certain people are in one group or another when splitting large contests.

Is there any particular method or reasoning behind such things? Or are names drawn from a hat, in an attempt for it to be random luck?

Thanks to any and all.

Cheers,
    ~Nate

Re: How are competitors chosen for dividing large groups?

Originally posted by Pppiper View Post
    Hi there,

I've been to a few larger games by now, and I'm still trying to figure how/why certain people are in one group or another when splitting large contests.

Is there any particular method or reasoning behind such things? Or are names drawn from a hat, in an attempt for it to be random luck?

Thanks to any and all.

Cheers,
    ~Nate
    Usually based on date the entry is received order. If a large contest...After the 1st group in a grade is ‘filled’ ...they would start populating a second group under a different judge.
    If the 2nd group does not fill to the near/ same capacity as the first...the games committee is likely to balance the total load between the two judges.
    Unless there is a written rule I’m unaware of ..there is ( read shouldn’t be )no rhyme or reason as to the competitor allocations otherwise.
    And it’s nothing a competitor should fret about....unless he’d rather have had ‘the other’ judge.

Comment

Re: How are competitors chosen for dividing large groups?

Originally posted by el gaitero View Post
      Usually based on date the entry is received order. If a large contest...After the 1st group in a grade is ‘filled’ ...they would start populating a second group under a different judge.

If the 2nd group does not fill to the near/ same capacity as the first...the games committee is likely to balance the total load between the two judges.

Unless there is a written rule I’m unaware of ..there is ( read shouldn’t be )no rhyme or reason as to the competitor allocations otherwise.

And it’s nothing a competitor should fret about....unless he’d rather have had ‘the other’ judge.

Right on. No fretting ... just curious.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X