Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amateur Contests on West Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Contests on West Coast

Hey, just wondering what are some of the best games to compete at on or near the West Coast. I live in Los Angeles, so Queen Mary, Costa Mesa, Ventura are the only ones I know. I'm willing to travel tho if it's worth it. Games like Las Vegas seem like fun but then I hear that it isn't well attended.

What say you all?

Re: Amateur Contests on West Coast

Vista (north San Diego county) is in fairly easy striking distance. Late June. Vegas has been good in the past though I haven't been there for a few years. Phoenix (early May) and Flagstaff (mid July) are about 7 hours away.
    Aaron Shaw
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Comment

What Aaron said—hi, Aaron!—and Pleasanton is a big games every Labor Day weekend. That’s less than 7 hours from L.A.

Oh, and check the WUSPBA website. It should list all the sanctioned competitions.

Andrew
      Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
      BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

The Woodland games at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in April are well attended and fun too! Who knows, maybe you'll see the Wicked Tinkers as well!

Cheers,

Ben

Comment

The House of Scotland Tartan Day Festival is in Balboa Park, San Diego Saturday April 6. Solo Grades 2, 3, and 4 are offered.

The full entry form is available at www.hospb.org

Originally posted by Piping Potential View Post
          Hey, just wondering what are some of the best games to compete at on or near the West Coast. I live in Los Angeles, so Queen Mary, Costa Mesa, Ventura are the only ones I know. I'm willing to travel tho if it's worth it. Games like Las Vegas seem like fun but then I hear that it isn't well attended.

What say you all?
          www.BagpiperRoss.com

Comment

Working...
          X