Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EUSPBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUSPBA

Anyone know if the upgrades for 2007 have been announced or when they might be?
    Bob Norris,
    Triad Highlanders
    Facebook

Re: EUSPBA

The Grading committee will be meeting on December 2nd in Baltimore, MD. If you attend the meeting, they will be announced there. I believe the meeting is open to the public.
    Thompson McConnell

Comment

BTW, who's on the grading committee and how is that decided? Just curious. If it's confidential or otherwise none of my business, no problem. Just curious. It's one of those thoughts that crosses my mind occasionally these days...

Comment

The EUSPBA Website has lots of great resources about the Grading process. Carole Hackett reported at the she received approximately 150 Re-Grade Requests. The Grading Subcommittee has their work cut out for them on December 2nd.

Some of the Resources available from the EUSPBA website include:

Upgraded By Request
        A discussion on the EUSPBA system for requesting upgrades - by Martin Duffy.

A Look at the Grading Review Process
        Ever wonder 'how'd we get there?' A discussion of the EUSPBA grading review - by Vince Janoski.

EUSPBA REGRADE REQUEST FORM

The EUSPBA website lists the following:

Grading and Judging Sub-committees

Piping:
        David Bailiff
        John Bottomley
        William Caudill, chair
        Chuck Murdoch
        Ed Neigh

Ensemble:
        John Bottomley, chair

Snare:
        Martin Beaton, chair
        Tom Foote

Tenor & Bass:
        Linda Hall
        Bob Meade

Drum Major:
        Duncan McCaskill, Jr.
        Thompson McConnell

Comment

BnB,

I don't think you have anything to worry about..! Your scores are outstanding plus you got to go to lots of events.. With luck, I'll see you on the other side..

-Matthew

Comment

I was talking with a member of the Grading Sub-committee this morning. The meeting is *NOT* open to the public, so please don't plan to attend.

The Grading Sub-committee will make their recommendations on Saturday. The Executive committee needs to approve them on Sunday before they become official.
            Thompson McConnell

Comment

Working...
            X