Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm, What Happened to the WUSPBA Aggregate Solo Totals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, What Happened to the WUSPBA Aggregate Solo Totals?

I was just on the WUSPBA.org website looking at the band and solo aggregate results. I noticed that the solo aggregate results end in April of this year, and no further contest points are included.

Did some data get lost from that page, or is this user error on my part?
    OrangeCountyBagpiper.com - for Pipers and Non-Pipers alike.

Re: Hmm, What Happened to the WUSPBA Aggregate Solo Totals?

You need to look for solo results on the WUSPBA.org site. There is a transitional website being linked to for band results and, unfortunately, pointless solo links are there as well. It's confusing. I've suggested some things that will help explain things but they haven't been implemented yet.

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I did find that interm site, but the solos sheet doesn't have all of the results it had a couple of weeks ago. Only a few solo contest results/points standings are in there now. Did I still get it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by PiperRory View Post
        Hi Andrew,

I did find that interm site, but the solos sheet doesn't have all of the results it had a couple of weeks ago. Only a few solo contest results/points standings are in there now. Did I still get it wrong?
        You need to be looking at this site:

http://www.wuspba.org/results/2012/s...ultsIndex.html
        Long Beach Pipe Band
        Long Beach, CA

Comment

Ah got it. thanks Richard.

Comment

Still nothing has been posted in two months
            "Perfect practice makes Mastery"

Comment

The Solo Registrar's term expires next month at the AGM. If anyone wants to run for that office, Elaine would love to have it off of her plate—she's super busy with her job and hoping to step down.

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact her or me. The Executive Committee can always use fresh energy and ideas.

Andrew

Comment

If the whole website was converted to a CMS like Wordpress, it may help make updates go smoother and more quickly. It is an advantage not to have to rely on an "IT Person" or programmer just to edit/update the results. I am not up for becoming the solo registrar, but I'd be happy to lend a hand on the technology side if there are any pain points on the site that need to be solved.

Comment

Thanks, Rory. We might take you up on some assistance. At the moment, there's a project in the works to combine the WUSPBA solo and band results databases and have the results automatically posted online once they are manually reviewed and entered into that database. Kylene Tanner (Band Registrar) has been toiling on that project for over a year. In the meantime, the solos are done the old way (involving a webmaster step) and the band results are done the new way (hence, two—kind of confusing—websites).

Elaine (solo reg) believes that she's completed more solo results than what is currently showing up on the website. I'm looking into it.

Andrew
                  (a.k.a. WUSPBA Executive Secretary)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lenz View Post
                    The Solo Registrar's term expires next month at the AGM. If anyone wants to run for that office, Elaine would love to have it off of her plate—she's super busy with her job and hoping to step down.

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact her or me. The Executive Committee can always use fresh energy and ideas.

Andrew
                    Andrew is there somewhere that people can obtain a fairly complete description of this (and any other open) position, responsibilities and some indication of the average time commitment involved, etc.?
                    Long Beach Pipe Band
                    Long Beach, CA

Comment

Richard, I don't know if a document already exists for the Solo Registrar office or not. I made one for the webmaster position when I was seeking someone to replace me when I was appointed to the Executive Secretary office. I'll see if I can get a "job description" of the Solo Registrar position and maybe the Sanctioning Secretary too, though I know that it takes about 20 minutes tops to review and sanction a games provided all the forms are filled out correctly, so that is only a few hours each month. A bird's eye view of each office is in the WUSPBA Bylaws.

Oh, and Dane said the August results "slipped through his filters" but they are up now. He apologized. He's typically pretty quick with such things.

Andrew

Comment

Richard, Elaine Hoffman (Solo Registrar) reminded me that the last two issues of WUSPBA Words & Music newsletter have articles of hers explaining what's involved with her job and the steps required.

Andrew

Comment

I don't see Pleasanton results in the solo catagory or in the overall scores.

Comment

Remember that Pleasanton is not a small games. It takes a while to process hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of score sheets. Elaine said she has been working her way through them. Remember, officers are not paid, so this work has to be done after hours and on off days.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                            X