Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competition Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Map

I'm wondering if there's a downloadable map of all the competitions in the EUSPBA (ie a map of the east coast with all the Games plotted). I figure I could go through all the resuts for this season and plot everything but if there's something already available that would be great.

Just looking for a visual to help make sure I hit all the games in a given radius next season.

Re: Competition Map

I made one a few years ago, but alas it's out of date now and I don't know where it is.

I actually mapped out the year end results of the grade IV solo competition (because it has the largest field) to see the geographic distribution.

Comment

I had a few spare minutes over the weekend and put one together based on the results listed on the EUSPBA site.

The map plots were automatically colored so disregard color. If you click on the plot it'll give you the location and date for the games this past year.

http://batchgeo.com/map/850f40e77f1b...017e42931a6fd5

I figure it's a nice way to see all the games in your area without having to search all of them individually on the EUSPBA site.

Comment

Originally posted by flares2 View Post
        I had a few spare minutes over the weekend and put one together based on the results listed on the EUSPBA site.

The map plots were automatically colored so disregard color. If you click on the plot it'll give you the location and date for the games this past year.

http://batchgeo.com/map/850f40e77f1b...017e42931a6fd5

I figure it's a nice way to see all the games in your area without having to search all of them individually on the EUSPBA site.
        Love this! Thanks so much for investing the time!

Comment

Bonnie Brae is misplaced geographically, to the NW. You missed http://www.tomsrivercelticfestival.com/Home.html (July). Nice job
          Michael F. Bell

Comment

Originally posted by flares2 View Post
            That's awesome. They should have that on the website.

Comment

For those in the region, the MWPBA website has a batchgeo map showing all sanctioned games, plus a map showing the approx. location of all member bands...

Stuart

Comment

Glad you like it guys.

Michael, I think Toms River NJ has two events, one in January and one in July so the plot are right on top of each other and you can only see the one.

Bob, you're right, maybe I'll email the link to the EUSPBA site and see if they post it.

Comment

O.K., now those of us in WUSPBA officially have map envy.
                  Long Beach Pipe Band
                  Long Beach, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Strayer View Post
                    O.K., now those of us in WUSPBA officially have map envy.
                    Give it a week or two, and Andrew Lenz will have a worldwide map up on Bagpipe Journey.....

Comment

Working...
                    X