Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New World's Format - 2 Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World's Format - 2 Day

Not sure if this has been posted, but there will be a change in the 2013 World's Format. It seems all G1 bands will play both the MSR and Medley Saturday with the top 12 moving on to the finals on Sunday, where they will play the alternate MSR and Medley.

With more G1 bands competing (it seems) it makes sense to spread it out a bit, plus it lets everyone who showed up to play at least one full day.

Lower levels will still be done in one day, but either Saturday or Sunday depending on grade.

Logistically, it makes travel a little tougher as most people leave Sunday but now need to stay. But outside of that, it seems a good change.

http://www.rspba.org/
    Disclaimer: I'm a new piper and proud of it. Therefore, all recommendations, comments, and advice I give should be immediately disregarded.
    Currently learning: New band stuff. Recently Bagged: Old band stuff.

Re: New World's Format - 2 Day

I think it will be good for the competition. I'm looking forward to it. I'm gonna be over there a few weeks before the worlds... just might have to see if I can swing the extra week and stick around for it.
    Cheers, Tripp

Denver Bagpipe Lessons Skype Bagpipe Lessons

Comment

What I'm curious about is the broadcast... Are we waking up at 1-00 am both days to watch the grade one performences?

Austin

Comment

Hopefully they push them back a touch given that they don't have to cram everything into a single day.
        Cheers, Tripp

Denver Bagpipe Lessons Skype Bagpipe Lessons

Comment

Yes, good point -- another possible effect is that Sunday was usually the day for the big championship events and Glenfiddich qualifiers. I'd hate to miss that for the pipe band finals.

Just something we'll have to wait and see how it sorts out.
          Disclaimer: I'm a new piper and proud of it. Therefore, all recommendations, comments, and advice I give should be immediately disregarded.
          Currently learning: New band stuff. Recently Bagged: Old band stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X