Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Piping and Drumming Championships - Who is participating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Piping and Drumming Championships - Who is participating?

If you didn't already know, Jori Chisolm runs an online video Piping and Drumming competition via YouTube. It has going for awhile now. I'm wondering who all participates, and if you do, what was your experience? Have you done it more than once?

I just uploaded my 5 videos, all of which I shot today. I'm finding that this is a great way to compete, and also an ultra intense way to prepare for future competitions.

What do you think?
    OrangeCountyBagpiper.com - for Pipers and Non-Pipers alike.

Re: Online Piping and Drumming Championships - Who is participating?

This was my first year entering under the encouragement of my instructor. Seems awesome to me. There are also lots of fun prizes like a free kilt. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you are recording yourself. It never seems good enough! I had the same problem in grad school when I had to record myself for language courses. I would do retake after retake until I finally realized I wasn't going to get any better.

Comment

There is something really powerful about watching yourself play from outside yourself. It seems as though when you are playing, you are more likely to forgive your own squeaks and squaks. The unfortunate result is that you develop a better opinion of your own playing. Watching the video and forcing several takes to get it right just shows the difference between practice and perfect practice.

Comment

Here is my Hornpipe Entry, after a long day and a couple of takes.

http://orangecountybagpiper.com/musi...hips-hornpipe/

Comment

Thanks for posting - I have been enjoying the many posts for all the grades for the competition on YouTube.

Cheers -

Wes

Comment

I'm excited to have taken 4th in the grade 4 2/4 march!

Comment

Working...
            X