Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAP tunes event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP tunes event

Hello All,

Can those of you that are part of pipe band associations in North America, other than the BCPA, tell me if your association offers a MAP tunes event at any of your games throughout the year?

Thanks,
    Scot.
    There's only nine notes ... how hard can it be?

Re: MAP tunes event

The PPBSO does not offer a MAP tunes event at any of their games AFAIK.

There is a March Medley requirement at some of the games. But there is no requirement to choose MAP tunes for the March Medley.

Some of the Grade 4 bands that intend to travel to an RSPBA event will purposely use tunes selected from the MAP list in their sets or medleys I have noticed.

tomm
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MacKenzie View Post

Some of the Grade 4 bands that intend to travel to an RSPBA event will purposely use tunes selected from the MAP list in their sets or medleys I have noticed.

tomm
      Thanks Tom,

Selecting MAP tunes for a march medley wouldn't work for us, as we would play grade 4A in Scotland. The MAP tunes for 4A are 2 marches, 2 strathspeys, and 2 reels (modified MSR). However, I believe (not positive) that novice juvenile plays a selection of marches for their MAP tunes event, which would make sense. In that event, playing MAP tunes for a march medley would be a smart thing to do!

Cheers,
      Scot.
      There's only nine notes ... how hard can it be?

Comment

This is just another example of the appalling lack of communication between the associations.....
        They really need to get their act together and formulate an aligned approach to pipe band competition.
        Since the world championship has only briefly remained in Scotland during the last two decades I would think the RSPBAs' mandate to change competition material for the whole world is a little tenuous on a good day !!!
        It's not knowing the answers that is important.....It's knowing where to find the answers......

Comment

Working...
        X