Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems Accessing WUSPBA Web Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Accessing WUSPBA Web Site?

Anyone else having problems accessing the WUSPBA web site? Every time I try to go there I get this error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/54/11349954/html/wp-content/plugins/form/index.php:10) in /home/content/54/11349954/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876
    Long Beach Pipe Band
    Long Beach, CA

Re: Problems Accessing WUSPBA Web Site?

Richard, are you still getting this error? It's loading fine for me.

About a week ago, a new WUSPBA.org website was made public AND moved to a new server, so there may be hiccups.

It may just be that your system has cached the IP address and is trying to pull the website from the old (problematic) server. You might try emptying your browser cache to start. If that doesn't work, you might restart your computer (if you haven't already).

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lenz View Post
      Richard, are you still getting this error? It's loading fine for me.
      I tried clearing my cache but still getting the same thing on 3 different computers and 2 different smart phones. The weird thing is that I can search for different pages in the WUSPBA web site (Events, Results, etc.) using Google and get to them that way, but they appear to be older/out of date pages - for example I know the solo results page was update through at least the Utah games, but the one that I can pull up is only through Las Vegas and doesn't update when I refresh, etc.

I'm happy to speak to the web master directly to troubleshoot, but of course when I tried to pull up his current contact information from the web site I got the error message, so I have no idea how to get a hold of him.
      Long Beach Pipe Band
      Long Beach, CA

Comment

I am getting the same error as above on two different computers, one of which I know has never been directed to that site before so it can't be a cache issue.

So its not just you.

Comment

Hmmm.

I'm getting the same error on my Android smart phone.

I'll contact the appropriate people.

Andrew
          (WUSPBA Executive Secretary)

Comment

For some reason removing the "www." in front will fix the problem for now. In other words "www.wuspba.org" fails but "wuspba.org" works.

This is being investigated and should be corrected soon.

Andrew

Comment

Hmmmm, yeah, I can get to the site now, which is very nice btw, however the solo results page is still somewhat messed up. I can only see games results through Las Vegas and no aggregate solo results, despite an announcement on the home page that solo results have been posted for events through San Diego. Also, for some reason now the 2012 solo results page also only displays up to the Vegas games and is missing aggregate standings.
              Long Beach Pipe Band
              Long Beach, CA

Comment

I'm told that the webmaster, as of yet, does not have access to update/fix the new website contents on the new server. That should be rectified in the coming days.

Fingers crossed!

Andrew

Comment

I don't know which browser the site is optimized for, but it doesn't play nice with IE8.

All of the links at the top (white on light grey background, so you can't read them) on hover link to wuspba.org/#

Nothing happens when you click, however.

Comment

I'd recommend that we give the website at least a couple of weeks before we start fixing things for specific browsers when other browsers work fine. There are bigger fish to fry.

WUSPBA email addresses were restored today. That was a big priority. More work to do yet, Andy Trimble has his hands full with his volunteer project of overseeing the website upgrade. It'll get there.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                    X