Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital breakdown of "Scotland the Brave"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital breakdown of "Scotland the Brave"

I've been working on reverse-engineering the the exact length of the gracenotes and such in our embellishments for sometime and think I've cracked the code! In my video here, I take a look at "Scotland the Brave" where I play both a fully digital programmed version along with a MIDI version I captured via my Redpipes classic and compare and contrast them. I think it's pretty cool!

https://youtu.be/M4B_lKOzZz0

Another way at looking at our music and seeing exactly how long and short we should be playing our gracenotes...
    Last edited by Matt Willis Bagpiper; 07-30-2019, 11:19 AM.
    Matt Willis Bagpiper
    YouTube Channel Winner of the 2020 The Big Rab Show Awards for Best Social Media!
    Personal Website

Re: Digital breakdown of "Scotland the Brave"

Very cool, I enjoyed it- the concept of, "sounding notes," is very useful!

Comment

Part of me wants to see this done to a recording of kaba gaida. We play "a few" ornaments.

Still, this is interesting and vindicates my approach to Highland embellishments.

Comment

I would highly recommend y’all check this out.

I sure wouldn’t mind getting a collection of different players to run through something like this on a click track to see where various embellishments land.
        My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

Comment

Working...
        X