Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bagpipe/instrument stand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bagpipe/instrument stand

    Do any of you use a sort of music stand for your pipes?


    If so, would you have any recommendations?


    Thanks
    We musicians are enemies by disposition, thus treat every musician you meet, accordingly.

  • #2
    Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand





    Greetings, WBpiper,

    Insofar as employing any sort of "stand" for
    my pipes... alas... I do not.

    While the thought did cross my mind... a time
    or two... for keeping them upright... so that the
    the drones would drain into the bag... I have
    found it more than sufficient... to simply prop
    them up... either in... or against... their case.

    Though that angle is less... it has always done
    well... at least for me... and my pipes.

    Trusting that you may also find a proper solution
    for yours,

    With regards,

    Pip01




    My friends all know,
    With what a brave carouse...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by WBpiper View Post
      Do any of you use a sort of music stand for your pipes?
      If so, would you have any recommendations?Thanks
      Ask Jim Mcgillivray...one shows up in his 'Pipes Up' cd from 10+ years ago. They were sort of popular ..but I don't think they really caught on...like a back slanted 3 sided shoe box up on a post that you could stand your pipes in ..bag/drones grouped together in an upright carry position.
      Andrew Lenz
      Administrator
      Last edited by Andrew Lenz; 01-11-2022, 02:14 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

        Originally posted by Pip01 View Post




        Greetings, WBpiper,

        Insofar as employing any sort of "stand" for
        my pipes... alas... I do not.

        While the thought did cross my mind... a time
        or two... for keeping them upright... so that the
        the drones would drain into the bag... I have
        found it more than sufficient... to simply prop
        them up... either in... or against... their case.

        Though that angle is less... it has always done
        well... at least for me... and my pipes.

        Trusting that you may also find a proper solution
        for yours,

        With regards,

        Pip01




        Hmmm I could try that...
        We musicians are enemies by disposition, thus treat every musician you meet, accordingly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

          I use a guitar stand https://www.instagram.com/p/BXF28ujB...=19mkfoq4rawgk.
          I don't use this in the winter because the house is too dry.
          Stephanie Allen
          @piperchickYYZ

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

            Originally posted by Stephanie Allen View Post
            I use a guitar stand https://www.instagram.com/p/BXF28ujB...=19mkfoq4rawgk.
            I don't use this in the winter because the house is too dry.
            I use a guitar stand, too. Hercules brand (very heavy and solid). I like having the pipes out versus stored in a case, I find Iím more likely to play them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

              I use a stand designed by Harald Weinkum of the band Celtica that he calls the Celtic Bagpipe Stand. It's based on the lower body of a heavy duty music stand, and he customizes the cradle on top to support the bass drone only, bass drone and chanter, or pretty much any combination you want.

              https://www.facebook.com/BagpipeStand/

              https://wwwein.wixsite.com/bagpipestand
              Kevin Palm
              Forum Clasp
              Last edited by Kevin Palm; 02-24-2020, 04:27 AM. Reason: Added website URL
              "Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."
              ó Ray Bradbury

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                Originally posted by Jandrewh View Post
                I use a guitar stand, too. Hercules brand (very heavy and solid). I like having the pipes out versus stored in a case, I find Iím more likely to play them.
                This is exactly the reason I'd like a stand.


                The guitar stand seems like a great idea to be honest, I may buy a couple, though for dryness I might look at a humidifier
                We musicians are enemies by disposition, thus treat every musician you meet, accordingly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                  Pipers Hut, Ohio


                  https://www.thepipershut.com/assets/images/Stand1.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                    Originally posted by el gaitero View Post
                    Sweet!

                    Bought two
                    We musicians are enemies by disposition, thus treat every musician you meet, accordingly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                      Originally posted by WBpiper View Post
                      Sweet!

                      Bought two
                      ...both Lefty ..or Righty?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                        Originally posted by el gaitero View Post
                        ...both Lefty ..or Righty?
                        I actually didnít check lol. I donít think it should matter too much however.
                        We musicians are enemies by disposition, thus treat every musician you meet, accordingly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                          Originally posted by WBpiper View Post
                          Do any of you use a sort of music stand for your pipes?





                          If so, would you have any recommendations?





                          Thanks


                          I use a microphone stand with a wireless microphone clip (itís rubber and a little larger). It has made for not just a safe place to park my pipes between sets but also kind of decorative. Good for pictures like at weddings or what have you. Good point on the drainage as well.

                          In my shop I use the same mic clips on my slatwall to display the ones I have for sale/rent. Works good, although be sure to tighten the clip!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                            I meant to attach pictures

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bagpipe/instrument stand

                              To much changing of temps and humidity outside of the case.
                              I keep my pipes in the closed and sealed case to control this also to protect them.

                              IMHO It is to easy for them to get knocked off a stand.
                              Randy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X