Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melvin reeds...Naill chanter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melvin reeds...Naill chanter ?

any firsthand knowledge about this combo? ca 2004 Naill abw...

thanks...

Don't have experience with that precise combo, but I have set up an advanced students ca. 2009 Naill poly chanter with a Melvin reed. Great sound, as evidenced by the comments the student received from the recent World Championship Online competition! Melvin reeds are excellent. I much prefer them to G1s in my band's G1 Platinum chanters.
    Last edited by acadianpiper; 06-07-2021, 10:41 AM.
    Ian
    http://www.thepipersden.net

Comment

Originally posted by acadianpiper View Post

! Melvin reeds are excellent. I much prefer them to G1s in my band's G1 Platinum chanters.
      Interesting...I’d been using G1 Platinum in my Naill abw chanter...like it a lot.. was going to order more. Sidetracked right now trying some others.. but thinking to try Melvin also. Not sure where to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by el gaitero View Post

Interesting...I’d been using G1 Platinum in my Naill abw chanter...like it a lot.. was going to order more. Sidetracked right now trying some others.. but thinking to try Melvin also. Not sure where to get them.
        I think Acadian means the combination of both the Platinum reed in the Platinum chanter, not the reed. The G1 reeds by themselves are pretty hard to beat.
        Happy Piping

Comment

Originally posted by William McKenzie View Post

I think Acadian means the combination of both the Platinum reed in the Platinum chanter, not the reed. The G1 reeds by themselves are pretty hard to beat.
          Yes. Sorry if this was not clear.
          Ian
          http://www.thepipersden.net

Comment

Working...
          X