Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunbar pratice chanter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunbar pratice chanter

Hello folks,
    Does anyone here play the Dunbar practice chanter? If you do, I'd be interested to know the ID (inside diameter) of the top. I see they sell a water trap for their chanters, and I'm curious to know if it will fit one or two of my chanters. Here's the link to their water trap.
    Cheers,
    Scot.
    There's only nine notes ... how hard can it be?

I do play a long, not Millennium, Dunbar plastic chanter. The ID of the top is 1.5 cm. or 5/8". With the current exchange rate, that would be $7.91 in US dollars.
    Last edited by dsb0628; 11-21-2021, 08:21 PM. Reason: Included the rate of exchange.
    "Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

Comment

Well ... that's interesting. I measured one of my chanters and the ID is 15 millimetres! What to do now? ;-) The problem is with the exchange rate; that's 37 pesos. I think I'll take the leap, risk the $10.00 CAD ($1.50 US), and buy one! Thanks dsb ... appreciate it!

Scot.
      There's only nine notes ... how hard can it be?

Comment

I think the issue is less of diameter and more of length. I believe that the millennium chanter has a longer top than the others and that additional length is why it will fit in those and not just any Dunbar chanter. But....idk. It has a disclaimer that if it's seated too low it will damage your Reed. Good luckkkkkkk!
        Don't ask my neighbors about my piping skills. They don't know...

Comment

Have had several previous contacts with Dunbar pipes re: refurbishing pipe parts, have found them to be very responsive to questions. You could contact them re: specific questions about their water trap and the fit to yours. Their website has a Contact tab.
          "Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

Comment

Working...
          X