Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New or Vintage Pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EquusRacer View Post

Thanks, Ralph. I appreciate your comments and perspective, as well as that of the instructor's. "Vintage" is relative, of course. Yes, you were in the earlier stage of the junior band. I tend to forget that. As for the one Center pipes. I recall handling them, and each section of the drones was like holding granite; so dense. I recall, too, the painful circumstances of how those century-old drones cracked. The young man was ill-advised to put a wet cloth in his pipe case when going to a competition in Canada that was very hot and dry. He pulled out his pipes, and the rapid change in conditions was just too much, even for that dense wood. It broke our hearts to see the damage (Forum friends: We're talking virtual explosion! The widest splits I'd ever seen).

I, too, hope you're doing well. You're a brilliant piper. Cheers, Michael

kind of feels weird talking about the tragedy of these pipes cracking knowing that the owner of these pipes passed on in such a tragic manner. That’s the real tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post

kind of feels weird talking about the tragedy of these pipes cracking knowing that the owner of these pipes passed on in such a tragic manner. That’s the real tragedy.
      Agreed. We lost a couple of young members through tragic circumstances.

Comment

Working...
      X