Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fagerstrom Technochanter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fagerstrom Technochanter Issue

The bottom cap on my Technochanter no longer seals properly. It is loose and occasionally pops off during playing. It fit firmly in the past. Is there anyone with actual experience with a Technochanter have any solutions? I have already tried all of the common sense solutions. No I am not interested in sending it back to Anders in Sweden.
    Tune it or die

I don't have mine handy, isn't it a O-ring of some kind? Can you remove it and then put it back on and see if that helps?

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

No o-ring, just a ridge in the plastic that fits into the barrel.

You said you don't want to send it to Anders for repair, but that's the fix for the problem. I sent mine to him a few years ago and he turned it around quickly.

Comment

Maybe rough up the plastic with a blade? Maybe dots of rubber cement that you let dry first?

As for Anders, I've found him to be very responsive and quick.

Andrew

(p.s. Maybe it was the original Deger that had the O-ring...)
        Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. BDF Moderator
        BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Yep Anders is excellent. I would suggest contacting him to order a new bottom cap. I bet it will cost less tha the postage.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Yep Anders is excellent. I would suggest contacting him to order a new bottom cap. I bet it will cost less tha the postage.

Kevin
            When I sent mine off he told me he's got a redesigned/improved tube and cap that address the issue. I doubt the new cap would work well with the older tube but best to ask him

Comment

Working...
            X