Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Completely NEW... Format... For the Forum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
    I didn’t feel it necessary to start a whole new topic, so I’ll piggy back on to this one:

Mike Greene Would it be possible, when you get to it, to reinstate the ability to “collapse” the various sub forums such as Drumming, Highland Dancing, etc? It can be done for the Trending, Latest Topics, and Forum Statistics sections.

Thanks!
    That was one of the major items that prevented the upgrade from v3 to v4 and also to v5. The sub-forum's were not collapsible, though I may have stumbled across a setting that will emulate the way the v3 forums were displayed. Not entirely sure if it will be possible but it is on the list of display tweaks I'd like to make. Not sure when I'll be able to get back to tweaking the forums but it is one of the items I knew about long ago.
    - Mike Greene

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Fogelman View Post
      Is there a way to clear up the top of the page on mobile to allow you to click the links? In any forum or thread, it looks something like this:

EE3B816A-F043-4DFC-8338-5D8340E04DD8.jpeg
      Just want to follow up on this one. The top of the forum in any given thread on mobile is still jumbled, making the links unclickable.
      You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

Just want to follow up on this one. The top of the forum in any given thread on mobile is still jumbled, making the links unclickable.
        I do not seem to have that problem with Safari on iPhone 8.

D52E3E9E-8E80-43BE-85A2-262FF99D31C2.png
        My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

Comment

Weird, I do find it jumbled on both the Safari or Chrome browsers on an iPhone 12 under iOS 14.5.

Andrew
          Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
          BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Patrick, you don’t have the links, though. There should be the Forum > GHB > T&I links above the forum description.

I’m using Chrome on iPhone 8 running iOS14, if that helps at all. My iPad doesn’t have this issue.
            You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

Patrick, you don’t have the links, though. There should be the Forum > GHB > T&I links above the forum description.

I’m using Chrome on iPhone 8 running iOS14, if that helps at all. My iPad doesn’t have this issue.

I'm curious about a couple things:

1) are you reducing the display within chrome at all (like 90% or something like that?)
              2) are you using the default vB5 style or some other style sheet?

I'm not seeing the doubling effect on my iPad or iPhone using safari or chrome at 100% using the default style
              - Mike Greene

Comment

Mike, on mine, it's 100% and the default style and I'm getting the overlapping. I've never seen it on my iPad, only my iPhone.

Andrew
                Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
                BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Working...
                X