Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications with the new system

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications with the new system

    I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications, but when I click it it says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". Is some alert for Admins spilling over to me?

    Not any huge deal, just a small odd thing I noticed, while you're buffing out the rough spots on the new system.

  • #2
    Originally posted by TapTheForwardAssist View Post
    I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications, but when I click it it says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". Is some alert for Admins spilling over to me?

    Not any huge deal, just a small odd thing I noticed, while you're buffing out the rough spots on the new system.
    Known issue, thanks for taking the time to report this! Just to be sure, you are only seeing (1) notification correct?
    - Mike Greene

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mike Greene View Post

      Known issue, thanks for taking the time to report this! Just to be sure, you are only seeing (1) notification correct?
      Negative, I've had as high as "3" appear next to Flags on my feed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TapTheForwardAssist View Post

        Negative, I've had as high as "3" appear next to Flags on my feed.
        All 3 of them (or whatever number it may be now) are from the TP, or are you just seeing the number and getting a "no permission, error, etc" page?
        - Mike Greene

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike Greene View Post

          All 3 of them (or whatever number it may be now) are from the TP, or are you just seeing the number and getting a "no permission, error, etc" page?
          Not sure what TP is, but I see numbers on "Notifications", mouse over it and see currently a number next to "Flag Reports". Currently it's a "1" but prior to today I've seen "2" and pretty sure seen as high as "3" specifically for Flag Reports.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TapTheForwardAssist View Post

            Not sure what TP is, but I see numbers on "Notifications", mouse over it and see currently a number next to "Flag Reports". Currently it's a "1" but prior to today I've seen "2" and pretty sure seen as high as "3" specifically for Flag Reports.
            OK, that was what I was hoping for. So my test account is seeing the same thing, (1) Flag report under notifications. This is tied to a test post I made in the TP (Trading Post) that is currently unapproved, I also 'flagged' it to see if/how the old 'report post' feature worked (it's now called 'flag' instead of 'report')

            I created this TP post as a test, but before I did some other changes to that specific forum, it could be stuck in limbo and if I delete that things might clear up on the notifications side of things.
            - Mike Greene

            Comment


            • #7
              I think this is fixed, at least the notification is gone. The actual notification part may still be an issue though. Will keep testing, the TP forum is very unique compared to the rest of the forums.
              - Mike Greene

              Comment


              • #8
                Can confirm it's gone for me
                http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
                -- Formerly known as CalumII

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mike,
                  I'm seeing a notification flag on a post from El Gaitero on a topic in the Beer Tent. The 'MG White Zamba's - OY!' discussion. I can't see the post itself when I click on the notification and I can;t clear the notification either.

                  I have logged out and logged back in to the forum. I cleared my cache before logging in today. I will re-clear and see what that does.

                  Edit: No dice, notification still there.
                  Last edited by EagleJCS; 04-22-2021, 04:27 AM.
                  John

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Calum View Post
                    Can confirm it's gone for me
                    Can confirm it's back! Exactly same thing as EagleJCS.
                    http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
                    -- Formerly known as CalumII

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EagleJCS View Post
                      Mike,
                      I'm seeing a notification flag on a post from El Gaitero on a topic in the Beer Tent. The 'MG White Zamba's - OY!' discussion. I can't see the post itself when I click on the notification and I can;t clear the notification either.

                      I have logged out and logged back in to the forum. I cleared my cache before logging in today. I will re-clear and see what that does.

                      Edit: No dice, notification still there.
                      I got this notification today as well, for the same post by El Gaitero.
                      "Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."
                      Ray Bradbury

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ditto to exact same post
                        My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I still see that post under Flag Reports, but no longer have the notification for it.
                          You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll be happy when all the kinks are worked out in this new system!

                            Andrew
                            Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
                            BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I closed it, whatever it was. Not sure if that action affected any account other than my own.
                              My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X