Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications with the new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick McLaurin View Post
    I closed it, whatever it was. Not sure if that action affected any account other than my own.
    Cleared it from my notifications. Thanks.
    John

Comment

Yes, the notification is gone but if I dig into my notifications via the control panel I can find it again.
      http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
      -- Formerly known as CalumII

Comment

Indeed. I have now deleted it (from my account, at least). Curious if it seemingly affects other accounts (again) and why I (or perhaps all of us) have this new power? Muahahahahaha
        My Piping Blog (recordings, articles, reviews, etc.) - Homepage - Pekaar's Tune Encyclopedia - Convert BMW to ABC

Comment

I've got the flag report thing now, wasn't there yesterday.

Comment

It's back on my screen as well. Not allowed to see which post generated the flag this time.

Edit to add: Another symptom is that I can't see anything in my Message Center. My Inbox and Sent messages are greyed out. If I click on one of the folder options on the left, the list will very briefly flash up, but then the viewing area goes blank again.

Second edit. Wound up rebooting for something else. Came back to check and now the Message Center is working, but still have the Notification flag.
            Last edited by EagleJCS; 09-16-2021, 06:57 AM.
            John

Comment

Me too

Comment

Same.

At least everyone knows when something gets flagged.
                You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Comment

The notification is back off again. Everything appears normal now.
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by EagleJCS View Post
                    The notification is back off again. Everything appears normal now.
                    I've opened a ticket with Vbulletin support to get their input.
                    - Mike Greene

Comment

vBulletin support is looking into this, you will likely see the notification pop up off and on while testing is happening.
                      - Mike Greene

Comment

vb support is still working on this, the bummer is it isn't a simple config error or some database item at fault, so the developers are now involved to try and figure out what the problem might be. For now I'm not going to ack the current flagged topic/report so it will still be shown in the notifications menu at the top of the forum.
                        - Mike Greene

Comment

The developers did find one thing that may have caused this, I've applied their fix and we'll wait and see what happens.
                          - Mike Greene

Comment

Thanks, Mike!

Andrew
                            Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
                            BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Greene View Post
                              The developers did find one thing that may have caused this, I've applied their fix and we'll wait and see what happens.
                              If it helps, I just noticed the notification has now disappeared on my end.
                              Famous Last Words:
                              "There's only 9 notes...how hard can it be?!"

Comment

I did delete the existing reports, I just flagged your post to trigger the flag notification (I'm seeing it now, but I'm in the admin/mod group) do you see the flag notice again? (hopefully you don't)
                                - Mike Greene

Comment

Working...
                                X