Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep getting "Flag Reports" notifications with the new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    EagleJCS
    Forum Gold Medal

• EagleJCS
    replied
    It's back on my screen as well. Not allowed to see which post generated the flag this time.

Edit to add: Another symptom is that I can't see anything in my Message Center. My Inbox and Sent messages are greyed out. If I click on one of the folder options on the left, the list will very briefly flash up, but then the viewing area goes blank again.

Second edit. Wound up rebooting for something else. Came back to check and now the Message Center is working, but still have the Notification flag.
    EagleJCS
    Forum Gold Medal
    Last edited by EagleJCS; 09-16-2021, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• uther
    Forum Member

• uther
    replied
    I've got the flag report thing now, wasn't there yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick McLaurin
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Patrick McLaurin
    replied
    Indeed. I have now deleted it (from my account, at least). Curious if it seemingly affects other accounts (again) and why I (or perhaps all of us) have this new power? Muahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Calum
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Calum
    replied
    Yes, the notification is gone but if I dig into my notifications via the control panel I can find it again.

Leave a comment:

• EagleJCS
    Forum Gold Medal

• EagleJCS
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick McLaurin View Post
    I closed it, whatever it was. Not sure if that action affected any account other than my own.
    Cleared it from my notifications. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick McLaurin
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Patrick McLaurin
    replied
    I closed it, whatever it was. Not sure if that action affected any account other than my own.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Lenz
    Administrator

• Andrew Lenz
    replied
    I'll be happy when all the kinks are worked out in this new system!

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Jim Fogelman
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Jim Fogelman
    replied
    I still see that post under Flag Reports, but no longer have the notification for it.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick McLaurin
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Patrick McLaurin
    replied
    Ditto to exact same post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Palm
    Forum Clasp

• Kevin Palm
    replied
    Originally posted by EagleJCS View Post
    Mike,
    I'm seeing a notification flag on a post from El Gaitero on a topic in the Beer Tent. The 'MG White Zamba's - OY!' discussion. I can't see the post itself when I click on the notification and I can;t clear the notification either.

I have logged out and logged back in to the forum. I cleared my cache before logging in today. I will re-clear and see what that does.

Edit: No dice, notification still there.
    I got this notification today as well, for the same post by El Gaitero.

Leave a comment:

• Calum
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Calum
    replied
    Originally posted by Calum View Post
    Can confirm it's gone for me
    Can confirm it's back! Exactly same thing as EagleJCS.

Leave a comment:

• EagleJCS
    Forum Gold Medal

• EagleJCS
    replied
    Mike,
    I'm seeing a notification flag on a post from El Gaitero on a topic in the Beer Tent. The 'MG White Zamba's - OY!' discussion. I can't see the post itself when I click on the notification and I can;t clear the notification either.

I have logged out and logged back in to the forum. I cleared my cache before logging in today. I will re-clear and see what that does.

Edit: No dice, notification still there.
    EagleJCS
    Forum Gold Medal
    Last edited by EagleJCS; 04-22-2021, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Calum
    Holy smoking keyboard!

• Calum
    replied
    Can confirm it's gone for me

Leave a comment:

• Mike Greene
    Administrator

• Mike Greene
    replied
    I think this is fixed, at least the notification is gone. The actual notification part may still be an issue though. Will keep testing, the TP forum is very unique compared to the rest of the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Greene
    Administrator

• Mike Greene
    replied
    Originally posted by TapTheForwardAssist View Post

Not sure what TP is, but I see numbers on "Notifications", mouse over it and see currently a number next to "Flag Reports". Currently it's a "1" but prior to today I've seen "2" and pretty sure seen as high as "3" specifically for Flag Reports.
    OK, that was what I was hoping for. So my test account is seeing the same thing, (1) Flag report under notifications. This is tied to a test post I made in the TP (Trading Post) that is currently unapproved, I also 'flagged' it to see if/how the old 'report post' feature worked (it's now called 'flag' instead of 'report')

I created this TP post as a test, but before I did some other changes to that specific forum, it could be stuck in limbo and if I delete that things might clear up on the notifications side of things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X