Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block/ignore feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block/ignore feature

I have a number of people listed under the block or ignore feature, yet I still see all of their posts as though they aren’t blocked.

I’m not sure if that’s something that needs to be turned on on the admin side of things or what, but it would be nice if it worked.
    You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.

Jim, thanks for the heads up. I can’t speak to this exact feature, moderators don’t/shouldn’t mute anyone. There are a number of tweaks yet to do once our faithful admin Mike gets the time.

Andrew
    Andrew T. Lenz, Jr. • BDF Moderator
    BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

Comment

Following up on this one. I just double checked my block list and there are usernames on there and I still see all posts from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Fogelman View Post
        Following up on this one. I just double checked my block list and there are usernames on there and I still see all posts from them.
        Same here.

Comment

A ticket has been opened with support to look at this. block/ignore only works for the general membership group, not moderators or admins.

doing a bit of research on this issue (this was first reported to vB in 2015) there was a suggestion to run a SQL query, but since we're on the cloud version I do not have that ability.

vb support has been pretty good so far in responding to tickets I've opened (like the notification issue before).
          - Mike Greene

Comment

In the meantime, if you have members in your block/ignore list now, make note of them, then remove and re-add them. This was one suggestion made on the vb forums last August.

When you re-add them, if you start typing in that persons name (display name) the software should "suggest" via pop-up the members display name allowing you to click it to add that user to the list.

Also note that quoted replies may not be blocked or ignored if you are somehow involved in the thread (originator, posted a reply, etc)
            - Mike Greene

Comment

Heard back from vB Support. Indeed this appears to be a bug and a fix has been pushed out to their cloud staging platform. I would imagine within a week or less we should see it be approved for mainstream.

- Mike Greene

Comment

I've just been notified that the forum will be upgraded, which should resolve the block/ignore feature not working.

We will be upgrading your vB Cloud site forums.bobdunsire.com at approximately 2021-11-02 14:40:00 Pacific Time. We'll handle this for you and there's nothing you need to do on this.
                Your site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete.

-- vBulletin Customer Service

- Mike Greene

Comment

Still doesn’t work. Unless it doesn’t retroactively block older posts.

I tried removing from my block list and adding back in and still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Fogelman View Post
                    Still doesn’t work. Unless it doesn’t retroactively block older posts.

I tried removing from my block list and adding back in and still nothing.
                    OK, I'll do some checking with another account and make a note in the ticket I opened with vb support..
                    - Mike Greene

Comment

Working...
                    X