Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding Old User Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Old User Profile

I recently rejoined the site after having been a member several years ago (Recall the site's namesake passing when in that period). I was not, however, able to find my old username, etc, so I signed up again. Is there any way to find the former, perhaps through an email address?

If you know the email address, the mods should be able to find it. Other than that, if you can't remember the username, is try to remember something you posted about at the time that would be distinctive enough to find on a search. There is the member list, linked at the top, but that's not much help if you don't have the username.

(But while we're on the subject, I also have an older profile, that I have no access to, which in an ideal world I'd like to merge with this one - is that possible, without causing trouble?)
    http://www.callingthetune.co.uk
    -- Formerly known as CalumII

Comment

Originally posted by CalumII View Post
      If you know the email address, the mods should be able to find it. Other than that, if you can't remember the username, is try to remember something you posted about at the time that would be distinctive enough to find on a search. There is the member list, linked at the top, but that's not much help if you don't have the username.

(But while we're on the subject, I also have an older profile, that I have no access to, which in an ideal world I'd like to merge with this one - is that possible, without causing trouble?)
      Yes, I can merge profiles no problem. Just need to know the usernames of the profiles and which one you want to end up with.

Regarding finding old profiles, if I have an email address or even a partial username to search on I can locate profiles and update email/passwords etc on them. CallumII's idea of browsing the member-list is also a good way to find your old account.

- Mike Greene

Comment

Mike, Andrew L. tracked it down for me. I'll send you a message about merging the accounts. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X