Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll posting

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today, but I'm confused about something. It seems to me that I can only post a poll in some forums and not in others. Is that true, or am I missing something obvious?

thanks.

Re: Poll posting

That is correct...Bob set it up so we were not inundated with polls in every forums.
    Mark
    Thanks To Jim Nisbett I am Known as "The Music Man"

/
    O///
    [ ]
    /_\
    \ /

Comment

Yes Rick, Mark is correct.

Polls are enabled for just the Beer Tent, and here (Forum related).

Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob:
        Yes Rick, Mark is correct.

Polls are enabled for just the Beer Tent, and here (Forum related).

Cheers,
        Bob
        Thank you Bob and Mark for your answers. I'm sorry that this is the case, as I wanted to post a poll in "Technique and Instrument". It seems to me that it would be a lot easier for many people to answer a question that way than by posting a reply, and it certainly would be a lot more meaningful for everyone to see poll results than trying to count responses.

Can you talk about the reasoning for this, Bob? Is there some reason to fear too many polls? I can ignore polls as well as anything else that doesn't interest me, so I don't understand why they might be a problem. And in keeping with posting in the appropriate place, my question seems like one you would relocate to "Technique and Instrument" if I were to post it in this group or in the Beere Tentte.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Rick,

Yes, limited to two Forums only out of a concern of too many polls appearing, and a potential negative impact of polls.

There were some very strong views on polls when I introduced the feature (I mean strong and negative), and while I thought polls would be fun, interesting, and worth the effort, I didn't want to create any of the problems that were suggested.

So - we started slowly, and we were (?) basically underwhelmed (sp?) by the response.. We're seeing a renewed interest (this week ) however..

Given that the Beer Tent, and Forum Related are the places for Polls.. and we have other forums for discussion.. ??? Is there a problem? It is simple enough to enable polls in any forum, but is there any advantage to a change? :humm:

Comments (from all) welcome..

Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

IMHO it's not a question of quantity, it's a question of quality. You can generate a bunch of polls with no finaly meaning.
            And you can generate a poll which results can be used to move something (especially in discuss with gov's or assoc's).

But for me there is no worth in asking which pipe is better (his or mine ) or which P/M's better or.....

In this meaning we have to ask, in which forum we can profit the most out of the polls?
            ". . . I am a piper. Hath not a piper eyes? hath not a piper hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?..."

Comment

Working...
            X