Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum Major's Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Major's Forum?

Hi Bob...

I was looking on the web for resources on Drum Majoring and I came across a DM forum. I know that the drumming forum is not as active as some of the others so do you think it would be an idea to add a DM forum to the drumming section? It could possibly be another resource for people.
    Paul

Peace Through Victory

Re: Drum Major's Forum?

Hi Paul,

This is an idea I had never considered - Are you suggesting a new forum or adding the DM into the existing Drumming one? I guess if I think about it (at all) I can see that you must be thinking a new forum..

My first concern - is there sufficient interest to 'justify' creating a new Forum? As opposed to the subjects / topics on occasion showing up in other Forums..

And - do we actually have many Drum majors? What do they think?

Not a problem at all to create a new forum for this, but if the level of interest or activity is low.... And as I have not even thought of this.. I have no idea..

Comment

I honestly don't know what the interest level would be that's why I thought including it into the drumming forums...a seperate area under drumming maybe? There used to be a snare section and a bass and tenor section, now it's all under drumming. Maybe this could be a sub section?

I dunno if there is an interest but only one way to find out I suppose.
      Paul

Peace Through Victory

Comment

Though I am not a drum major, my son is, and I would like to see such a forum. So count mine as one vote for.
        Rick James
        Sierra Highlanders
        sierrahighlanderspipeband.com
        Sample mp3
        Reno, NV

Comment

Originally posted by Bob:
          ...And - do we actually have many Drum majors? What do they think?...
          bob!
          be careful...if they start believing they can think, next they'll be thinking the rest of us should actually pay attention to them!
          "we must all hang together, else we shall surely hang separately..." --b franklin
          mg

Comment

I would also like to see a Drum Major's forum. A key benefit is that it would help beginners find d/m resources on the internet.

I have recently dabbled in creating animations of staff flourishes using animated gif files. My first animation took about 3 hours to make; slowly learnt a few tricks so that now it takes about 30 mins to record and post a simple flourish.

Version 2 of animated flourishes are posted at http://www.angelfire.com/mb/ulis/eas...mflourish2.htm

cheers, Mark

Comment

Allrighteee - we'll try it.. Worst case is not much activity, and I would probably drop it.. best case - it might help, and be interesting...

I will add the Forum to the Drumming section.. but ?? Why are they DRUM Majors? (oops - I'll ask that question there - in the NEW Forum

Comment

Working...
              X