An outsized rodent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An outsized rodent

A drummer lost contact with his band after much travelling and carousing. He woke up on a strange floor in a remote town. As he awoke he espied a huge animal's head hanging on the wall. What animal is that? he asked. His unknown host replied "Its a moose". "My God man", he replied," hoo big are yer cats?"

Re: An outsized rodent

Originally posted by Garry View Post
    A drummer lost contact with his band after much travelling and carousing. He woke up on a strange floor in a remote town. As he awoke he espied a huge animal's head hanging on the wall. What animal is that? he asked. His unknown host replied "Its a moose". "My God man", he replied," hoo big are yer cats?"
    Well, an Irish version I heard featured a 'wee mon frae Fermanagh' whose piper-daughter marries a Texan. Of course, 'everything is bigger in Texas', and when the 'wee mon' flies out for the wedding, he overwhelmed by the scale of everything, cities, buildings, ranches, cars. When he orders a steak, it takes up most of the table. Anyway, at the wedding reception his daughter's in-laws introduce him to various tasty local whiskies, which he thoroughly enjoys. At some point, he goes missing, and the other guests search for him. Eventually, they spot him in the hotel swimming pool, frantically dog-paddling and babbling something. They haul him out, pump the water out of him, and notice that he still muttering something. One of them puts his ear to his mouth to hear what he's saying, which turns out to be: 'Please, don't flush it! Please, don't flush it!

Comment

Working...
    X