Beer Additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Additives

Over the last year or so we have had discussions of favourite beers and whiskies, so here's a little challenge for you.

You have a bottle of beer, but it is not allowed to pass your lips unless you add some other substance(s) to it. What would your favourite beer additive(s) be? (And another beer is not an acceptable answer).

I'll post my own answer over the weekend.....

Ian

Re: Beer Additives

1/2 shot of Bailey's
    1/2 shot of Jamison's Whiskey
    1/2 pint of Beamish or Guiness Stout.

The Irish version of the Boilermaker.

We drummers are all about transisions, you know

Also, a lemon to an unfiltered wheat beer, or lime to Corona.
    "I'm fixin to R-U-N-N-O-F-T"

Comment

Hi Ian,

It's not what I would add but what I would remove.....the heat until it was a nice 40-45 degrees. Then I would remove the contents and consume it.
      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Since Scotch is essentially distilled ale, they go hand in hand. That's my choice, especially with a porter or a stout.
        And I'll scream if someone names any fruit product. Cheers

Comment

apparently there's a microbrewery in saskatchewan that makes a spice beer - with cardamom and ginger and stuff. It's supposed to be fantastic, but you can't get it anywhere but Saskatchewan... At last, a reason to visit! :idea:
          "if you let go of it, maybe it will stop screaming"
          ------
          Kirsten

Comment

Thanks Drew, I was a little reluctant to mention anything about "the other kinds of beer"!

Here's one of my favorites! Take an ICE COLD mug, squeeze a lime and run it around the rim, roll the rim in Margarita salt, drop the rest of the lime in and fill to the top with ICE COLD Tecate!

Drink, and repeat! :woohoo:
            Rat Ba$tard

Comment

Salt... Hopefully that would increase my thirst and I'd need another beer... :woohoo:

Ken
              Ken MacKenzie
              Height by genetics, Width by brewery...

Comment

If it was made by ANhuser Bush (SP?), Miller (other than myself), Molson's or Labatt's, I would add Barley malt, Hops, yeast, and let it sit for a few weeks before drinking it.
                We do this for fun, travel, and to meet people

Comment

Why on Earth would anyone voluntarily drink an Anhauser-Busch product? (It can hardly be honestly described as "beer".)

When I brew beer, I usually add a 1/4 lb of wheat to improve it's head retention. Once it's done and has aged a bit, I add carbon dioxide when I keg it. Other than that, I can't imagine adulterating a perfectly good beer (and life's much too short to drink anything else), but perhaps that's just a lack of imagination on my part.

"American beer is like making love in a canoe..."
                  Monty Python

Comment

A little lime in a Tecate is the norm down here.
                    Pop aka Larry Jordan

Comment

Here too Pop, I'm about 8hrs from you, up I-35.

I'm very proud to say I'm from San Antonio!
                      Rat Ba$tard

Comment

Wha..?? I can't believe that no one has said the only reasonable thing to actually ADD to a beer.... Clamato juice!!!! To all the bretheren stateside; I dont know if you are familiar with the name of that product, but I am sure you have the equivalent. Essentially tomato juice/clam juice mix. mmmmm...yummy!! I mix them sometimes without being forced to!! believe it!

Comment

I wanted to reply to Drew McPheeters post as well, but could not find an instant graemlin emoticon that was vomiting.

Comment

A second vote for the Clamato juice! Maybe it's a Canadian prairie thing...but in my case only if it's a lager or pilsner type of beer. I'd be hard pressed to add anything to a nice medium brown ale.....ummm...I'll be right back....
                            "That's not the way it's written, but I can play it like that."
                            "Regina - Reej-eye-nah ..and yes, you can smirk when you say it and it won't bother us"
                            Proud Resident of the Rider Nation

Comment

If its domestic beer, I've been known to put a few drops of Texas Pete in to make it drinkable. If its a good lager or ale, I usually just put my face in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X