Old threads from the Technique and Instrument Forum.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peterson BodyBeat Metronome???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peterson BodyBeat Metronome???

Now I would buy that one!
    Piping IS Life

Comment

Originally posted by LaurelNolen
      Hmm, do they make a band model, with one central unit and a shock collar for the PM, DS, and bass?
      Actually, after showing the metronome to the PM and bass at practice the other night, this was actually one comment that they had.

Rather than being wired, if it were wireless with remote receivers so that multiple people in band could have one, all being driven from the same source, then we would be a winner...

Stuart

Comment

Just picked up the BodyBeat Metronome and I must say Im impressed. I was having trouble keeping in time. I messed around with the metronome for an hour and believe it or not I finally got it. I mean dont get me wrong...it didnt instantly fix my timing but I caught on quick. I def. recommend getting one.

Comment

I just ordered one. Anything that might help me to be better at my craft... I'm up for. My main use will be for the drum kit. I nearly always practice with one but I have tried many types and with my ear plugs on and all that noise from the kit! I have been a practising musician for 35 yrs, I have great timing.... but getting those double bass drum rolls and everything all in exactly the right place taxes me. Besides, I can lend it to my drummers when I'm playing the tunes ;-)
          Beginners Mind, Zen Mind, No Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Barr
            Rather than being wired, if it were wireless with remote receivers so that multiple people in band could have one, all being driven from the same source, then we would be a winner...
            Well unless evil people from a rival band hacked onto your frequency and started messing with the tempo...

By the way, are there any metronomes out there that can do the Bulgarian-style "additive rhythms"? Say, 2+2+3+2+2?
            proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; Son of the Revolution and Civil War; first European settlers on the Guyandotte

Comment

Originally posted by pancelticpiper
              By the way, are there any metronomes out there that can do the Bulgarian-style "additive rhythms"? Say, 2+2+3+2+2?
              That sounds likely suited for a software based metronome, maybe even a programmable beat box thingie/ electronic drum {not sure on exact terminology}

I am guessing that the wireless multiple receiver scheme is already in the works. Peterson is pretty good about "lurking" wherever their products might be discussed, keeping a finger on the pulse so to speak.

Comment

Its been a couple years... the remote capable model is here.

http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=159

Everyone in the band that has one, can be synced in and get the same beat vibe.

Comment

Working...
                X